Treatment and Prevention of Cavities
Cavities also known as tooth decay are usually holes that cause damage to the structure of your teeth. They occur due to poor oral hygiene. Over time, a cavity can grow deeper and bigger. There are several substances that can cause cavities and teeth infection such as chocolates, sweets and candies for kids. Children are the ones affected mostly by cavities because they eat too much junk stuff and do not properly brush their teeth. Though they affect children, adults also have the same cavity problems.
There are several reasons as to why adults experience cavities, some of them forget to brush their teeth when they get late for work and some eat very late at night and sleep without brushing their teeth. Such situations cause development of cavities and majorly contribute to morning bad breadth. That is recommended by a dentist to brush your teeth after every meal.
Reasons as to why people have dental cavities
- Due to poor oral health. Most people do not consider oral health as important and they just buy any type if toothpaste and brushes without the knowledge of how effective the product is.
- People are usually advised by dentists to brush their teeth at least twice every day and most importantly before they go to bed. This is because all food particles usually remain in your mouth and develop bacteria and cavies.
- Cavities can also be caused if you eat foods that have high sugar content and starch. These types of food contribute to the formation of more bacteria.
- Cavities can also be developed due to certain unpleasant vices such as smoking and alcohol intake.
- Lack of fluoride is a major cause of dental cavities. Fluoride assists in preventing tooth decay and toughening the tooth enamel. Dentists recommend the use of toothpastes that have contents of fluoride.
- The major reason that contributes to dental cavities is improper brushing of teeth and the use of recommended toothpastes. Any type of foods and drinks such as milk, cereals, and bread when they get stuck in minute places in your mouth can result to tooth decay and cavities. When saliva, food, bacteria and acids combine in a person’s teeth they usually form plague. This plague produces acids the dissolve your tooth’s surface forming holes which are known as cavities.
Categories of Cavities
Depending on the types of decay, cavities are usually classified into three major categories which include the following:
- Superficial decay known as coronal
- Deeper decay known as coronal
- Recurrent decay that basically forms around existing crowns and fillings
Symptoms of cavities
- Intense pain especially after drinking or eating hot or cold substances
- Visible holes in teeth
- White spots that form on your teeth
- & More
How to prevent cavity
- Eating healthy food
- Regular brushing of teeth after drinking and eating
- Visiting Miner Dental regularly
- Use fluoride treatments
- Avoiding too much sugary staff in your diet
All cavity treatments depend on the severity of your situation. For instance, tooth decay can be treated with a filling.